How To Measure Your Kitchen for New Cabinets Accurate measurements of your kitchen is important in designing your new cabinets. Please follow the steps listed in this design planner and give the information to your Cabinet Select product specialist.
You will need to carefully configure the exact dimensions of your room. Your completed floor plan should resemble the diagram below. Be sure to show exact locations of doors, windows, hood vents, exhaust, gas lines, water line, drain line, outlets, switches, light fixtures, and heat vents.
NOTE: ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK MEASUREMENTS.
Using a tape measure and graph paper, measure your room using the following steps.
1. Measure from wall to wall at 36” height
2. Measure from corner to window or door opening.
3. Measure across opening from trim edge to trim edge.
4. Measure from edge of trim to far wall. Compare sum of #2, #3, and #4 measurements to step #1.
5. Mark exact location of water, drain, gas lines and electrical outlets and switches on drawing.
6. Measure from wall to wall above window and compare to #1.
7. Measure from floor to window sill.
8. Measure from window sill to top of window.
9. Measure from top of window to ceiling.
10. Measure from floor to ceiling – Compare to sum of #7, #8, and #9.